Chloe Moorfoot Senior Associate
Chloe Moorfoot is a Senior Associate at Quinert Rodda & Associates in the Commercial Litigation and Insolvency Team.
Chloe has substantial experience in running large scale and complex litigation with a specialised focus on insolvency and bankruptcy disputes. Chloe regularly advises directors, insolvency practitioners and creditors in relation to issues surrounding the appointment of external administrators, validity of security interests, priority of claims, insolvent trading and voidable transactions. She also is experienced in advising clients and drafting deeds of company arrangements and creditors’ trust deeds.
As a commercial litigator, Chloe has also acted in a wide range of commercial disputes – including complex contractual disputes, property damage claims, directors’ duties claims, civil construction disputes, shareholder disputes and negligence claims.
Chloe is a fierce advocate and regularly appears in the Supreme Court of Victoria, County Court of Victoria and Federal Court of Australia in contested applications on behalf of her clients. Chloe also has significant trial experience in the Supreme Court of Victoria.
Chloe’s approach to litigation is always client-focussed. She prioritises managing her disputes strategically and commercially so that it minimises the impact the litigation might have on her client’s businesses. As a business-owner herself, Chloe understands the commercial pressures and complexities of the day-to-day running of a business which makes it easy for her to place herself in the commercial mindset of the client when advising on claims.
Beyond the law, Chloe has a passion for entrepreneurship, animals and technology.
- In 2015, Chloe was also one of the founding team members and shareholders of Immediation – a legal technology company offering a world-first online dispute resolution platform. She was critical in the building and design of the technology behind the platform, formulating the business’ go-to-market strategy and raising seed capital to fund the company to launch. Immediation now has a national panel of 90 independent legal experts comprising of law firm Partners, professional mediators, barristers and former judges. The platform went live in September 2019 and is one of the industry’s market-disrupters.
- In 2016, she also founded mills&LEO – an online personalised dog collar business. The business was named after her Dalmatian, Millie and her co-founder’s Samoyed, Leon. mills&LEO collars are sold online, shipped worldwide and are currently worn by dogs on every continent. Chloe enjoys this as a hobby and a creative outlet when she is not advising clients.
- In 2017 she also co-founded Umii – an all-Australian natural skincare company.
Chloe is the current President of Women in Insolvency and Restructuring Victoria (WIRV) and has been on the committee since 2015. WIRV is a not for profit professional organisation, connecting, empowering and contributing to its members, the Victorian insolvency and restructuring sector.
Chloe is also a member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association, Law Institute of Victoria, Women in Insolvency & Restructuring Victoria.
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing Communications) / Bachelor of Laws – Bond University (2012)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – Leo Cussen Institute (2013)
- ARITA Advance Certification – University of Technology Sydney (2019)
Contact us to arrange a meeting and discuss your specific needs and goals.
Phone: 03 8692 9000
Fax: 03 8692 9040
Level 6, 400 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
PO Box 16109, Collins Street West VIC 8007
Mon – Fri: 8:30am to 5:30pm