Michael Quinert Partner
Michael practises in commercial and corporate law with a focus on capital raising and listing rule compliance.
Michael commenced his career over 30 years ago in a general commercial and litigation firm in Melbourne. During the late 1980’s he spent 3 years as an internal solicitor at the ASX Melbourne Companies Department where he was closely involved in all aspects of company listings and compliance. In 1990 Michael moved back to private practise and built his own client base focussed on small cap listed companies and their promotors.
In 20xx Michael co-founded Quinert Rodda & Associates with long term colleague David Rodda. Over the years Michael has held many director positions with listed and non-listed companies through which he has gained a keen insight into businesses’ perceptions and expectations of the law and lawyers. He is currently Chairman of ASX listed West Wits Mining Limited and holds several other directorships of both listed and non-listed companies. Michael prides himself on being able to provide accurate, efficient and practical advice in often complex and high-pressure environments.
Michael’s has worked on a variety of commercial and corporate matters including;
- Acting in relation to many IPO’s and backdoor listings on ASX including leading due diligence committees.
- Assisting with listing of companies on foreign exchanges including AIM UK, Vancouver and US
- Advising in relation to multiple cross border transactions involving deals in USA, UK, Europe, Africa and elsewhere.
- Supporting capital raising programs in Australia and overseas.
- Advising and facilitating compliance with listing rule and Corporations Act requirements over many years for multiple clients.
- Advising clients in relation to multiple regulatory investigations and actions involving variously ASIC, ACCC, ASX and other agencies.
Community & Other
Outside of work Michael has been active in a range of sporting and family activities. He has competed in multiple ocean racing events, including six Sydney Hobart yacht races and when able participates in tennis and golf. He has been married for over 30 years and has two adult children. In the past Michael has served on an amateur football club committee, coached schoolboy rowing crews and variously supported activities in his local and school community. He has tackled several hiking treks including the Kakoda Track and Patagonia.
B.Ec. and LLB Monash University
Admitted Supreme Court of Victoria
Admitted High Court of Australia
Contact us to arrange a meeting and discuss your specific needs and goals.
Phone: 03 8692 9000
Fax: 03 8692 9040
Level 6, 400 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
PO Box 16109, Collins Street West VIC 8007
Mon – Fri: 8:30am to 5:30pm