Patrick Gowans Partner
Patrick practises in the firm’s corporate and commercial department and has been a Partner of Quinert Rodda & Associates since July 2015. Patrick has over 10 years’ experience in corporate and commercial practise, having joined the firm on its formation in 2009.
Patrick focus is on delivering the highest quality advice and service to a varied client base, with a particular focus on equity capital market transactions and ASX compliance.
Patrick’s clients range from ASX-listed entities in mining exploration, technology, biotech and software industries, to private businesses at various stages of development including start-ups and established private enterprises in various sectors include real estate agents and software and IT businesses.
An overview of the types of transactions in which Patrick commonly advises are:
- The conduct and completion of IPOs and backdoor listings.
- Private mergers and acquisitions and company or business exits including business, share and asset sales.
- Secondary capital raisings (including private equity placements, pro-rata entitlement issues and other debt/debt-equity instruments).
- ASX listing rule and ASX corporate governance compliance.
- General corporate advice on commercial contracts including, for example, joint venture agreements, trading terms, licence agreements and shareholders’ agreements.
In addition to his role at Quinert Rodda & Associates, Patrick is a Director of Kauraru Gold Pty Ltd (subsidiary of Alice Queen Limited [ASX:AQX]) which operates a gold exploration project on Ngurupai (Horn Island) in the Torres Strait. Patrick has also been the company Secretary of Covata Limited [ASX:CVT] since December 2014.
When away from the firm, Patrick can be found at home Geelong spending time with his two children or, less often than he would like, on the golf course.
Qualifications and Admitted Jurisdictions
Bachelor of Law/Bachelor of Arts Latrobe University
Admitted Supreme Court of Victoria
Admitted High Court of Australia
Contact us to arrange a meeting and discuss your specific needs and goals.
Phone: 03 8692 9000
Fax: 03 8692 9040
Level 6, 400 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
PO Box 16109, Collins Street West VIC 8007
Mon – Fri: 8:30am to 5:30pm