Rosie Francis Senior Associate
Rosie is a Senior Associate at QR Lawyers and works in the litigation and insolvency team at the firm.
Rosie has been working at the firm from the commencement of her legal career in 2017, where she began as a law clerk whilst finishing her university studies. Rosie holds a Bachelor of Arts and Juris Doctor from the University of Melbourne and was admitted to the legal profession in 2019.
Rosie has acted in insolvency, bankruptcy, commercial, and civil litigation matters, including acting for insolvency practitioners in voidable transaction claims, petitioning creditors in bankruptcy claims, and companies and individuals in commercial litigation.
In addition to her litigious work, Rosie also practises in general commercial matters.
Rosie’s recent work has included:
- Acting in various civil litigation matters on behalf of companies and individuals in Victorian Courts and the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal, including:
- Acting for several companies and individuals in a large-scale shareholder dispute in the Supreme Court of Victoria;
- Acting for a mining exploration company in an exploration access dispute in the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal;
- Acting for a client via their litigation guardian in a creditor’s petition before the Federal Court of Australia;
- Assisting and advising clients on commercial matters, including commercial contracts, security position and advice.
Rosie is a firm advocate for balancing the male-dominated industry of insolvency and actively pursues this through her role as Vice President of Women in Insolvency and Restructuring Victoria (WIRV), having been on the Committee for a number of years.
An avid hockey player, Rosie is the Secretary and Member Protection Officer of the Melbourne University Hockey Club. As a proud alumnus, Rosie participated as a mentor in the Early Careers JD Mentor Program through the Melbourne Law School.
Rosie is also a regular plasma donor and has created and manages a Lifeblood team with the firm, spreading awareness of the importance of donating and encouraging others to get involved.
Contact us to arrange a meeting and discuss your needs and goals.
Phone: (03) 8692 9000
Fax: (03) 8692 9040
Level 6, 400 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
PO Box 16109, Collins Street West VIC 8007
Monday – Friday: 8:30am - 5:30pm